- Open the condom package carefully to avoid damaging it with fingernails, teeth or scissors.
- When your penis is hard, put the condom on before you enter your partner’s body.
- Unroll the condom a little bit to make sure you are doing it the right way. The rolled ring should be on the outside.
- Hold the tip of the condom and unroll it down to the base of your erect penis. If the condom does not unroll easily, it is probably insideout. Throw it away and start again with a new one.
- If you need lubrication, put some on your partner’s vagina or anus and over your condom-covered penis. Use only water-based lubricants, such as KY jelly. Oil-based lubricants like cream, petroleum jelly, body lotions, massage oil or baby oil can damage the condom.
- If a condom breaks while you’re having sex, stop right away and put a new condom on. You should check occasionally that the condom is in place.
- If you think some semen (cum) has escaped from the condom and you may be pregnant or have an STI, talk to your doctor.
What do I do after sex?
- Soon after you come, withdraw your penis while it is still erect.
- Hold the condom firmly against the base of your penis to stop the semen (cum) leaking.
- Check the condom for visible damage, then wrap it in tissue and throw it in the bin. Don’t flush condoms down the toilet.
Female Condom Use
|Open the Female condom package carefully; tear at the notch on the top right of the package. Do not use scissors or a knife to open.
|The outer ring covers the area around the opening of the vagina. The inner ring is used for insertion and to help hold the sheath in place during intercourse.
|Gently insert the inner ring into the vagina. Feel the inner ring go up and move into place.
|Place, the index finger on the inside of the condom, and push the inner ring up as far as it will go. Be sure the sheath is not twisted. The outer ring should remain on the outside of the vagina.
|The female condom is now in place and ready for use with your partner.
|When you are ready, gently guide your partner’s penis into the condom's opening with your hand to make sure that it enters properly – be sure that the penis is not entering on the side, between the sheath and the vaginal wall.
|To remove the Female condom, twist the outer ring and gently pull the condom out.
|Wrap the condom in the package or in tissue, and throw it in the garbage. Do not put it into the toilet.