A family of five people including three children perished after their house caught fire on Wednesday morning.
The incident happened this morning at 2:00 am in Yoka zone Bukasa Parish, Makindye Division Kampala City.
The deceased include; Luyomba Steven, 50, Nafula Doreen, 35, his wife, Lubega Sumei, 16, Naiga Edith 15, and Andrew 7.
According to Luke Owoyesigyire, the Kampala metropolitan deputy police spokesperson, the fire started from an unattended candle at a makeshift house belonging to one Ogola Charles, a neighbor.
He says Ogola, who deals in picking plastics, left to work when his house caught fire that spread to the neighbors, killing everyone.
Owoyesigyire says the Fire Prevention and Rescue Services managed to extinguish the flames but it was too late to save the family.
He has cautioned the public against leaving fires unattended as they are dangerous to others in case of an accident.