Police in Kampala has released a set of guidelines for individuals and groups attending the 28th Uganda International Trade Fair (UGITF) at Lugogo show grounds in Kampala.
The 28th Uganda International Trade Fair organized by the Uganda Manufacturers’ Association (UMA) has kicked off today October 3 to 10, 2022 under the theme “Harnessing economic recovery through local sourcing and deepening value chain integration.”
The event will attract thousands of people and visitors including high-profile government officials, the President of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta and President Yoweri Museveni, visiting tourists, and the public.
800 native traders and 120 international have set up exhibition stalls to showcase and sell their products.
According to Rogers Kawuma Nsereko, Kampala metropolitan traffic police Commander all vehicles motorcycles, or trailers will not be allowed to be packed within or outside the venue until the show ends.
Nsereko explains that the Lugogo grounds will only accommodate pedestrians inside the event.
"We expect that vehicles have already delivered their exhibition material. We don't expect any parking along the roads on either side of the exhibition ground (Jinja Road and the road right behind the UMA ground and leading to Nakawa market."
— Nsereko says
These are the Traffic police guidelines
1. No more entrance of motor vehicles, trailers, or motorcycles on the exhibition grounds until the end of the show on the 10th
2. The stage at and near the UMA main gate is to be abolished during the duration of the trade show.
3. All vehicles destined for the show will use ShopRite road and enter KCCA ground opposite ShopRite for parking.
4. We don't expect any parking along the roads on either side of the exhibition ground (Jinja Road and the road right behind the UMA ground and leading to Nakawa market.
5. Cars found abandoned along the road will be towed to the nearest police at the owner's cost and inconvenience.